Hi There Friends!!
A couple weeks ago Candra and Alicia hosted a healthy and yummy food linkup. I thought it would be a great opportunity to share my method for roasted brussels sprouts. Unfortunately I didn’t get this post done in time. I emailed Candra yesterday asking if they were planning another one and she said it wasn’t on the immediate horizon.
Miss Candra then made the mistake of mentioning that she hates Brussels Sprouts and would like to find a way to cook them that she likes. So now this is a personal challenge to Miss Camo and Lipstick: Try Brussels Sprouts my way!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
1 package (Maybe about a pound -I should really check) fresh brussels sprouts
1 TBSP olive oil
salt to taste (I like a lot of coarse sea salt for this but totally your call)
1. Preheat the oven to 400*.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Or not. Depends on your desired cleanup. I’ve heard that there’s health hazards of cooking with foil but for me it’s something I’ll deal with rather than cleaning pans.
3. Trim the stems off the sprouts and cut them in half.
4. Melt the butter.
5. In a large bowl toss the sprouts with the butter, oil, and salt. This may seem like a lot of oil and butter but a lot of it stays in the bottom of the bowl. I haven’t been able to figure out how to add less and have it work. So I waste some.
7. Cook for 10 minutes at 400*.
Let me know if you try these! I always hated Brussels Sprouts too- until I started roasting them with butter. I’d even like to hear if you try ’em and hate ’em.