I’ve been messing around with Kristin’s Protein Sugar Cookie recipe lately. Now, I’m not a big fan of sugar cookies (um, where’s the chocolate?) but the basic cookie recipe sounded good, and it was (once I added a couple chocolate chips). I noticed a commenter had success making them in the microwave. Then I bought some PB2. Then it was really flippin’ cold out and I didn’t want a protein shake for my snack yesterday. So this delightful post-workout high-protein treat was born! I made one later for Girlie and she definitely approved ( I made a smaller version, I don’t like to use a whole scoop of protein powder in anything for her.)
Big Fast Chocolate Chip Cookie
1 scoop vanilla whey protein
2 TBSP PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
pinch baking powder
2-3 TBSP almond milk (or other nondairy milk, I’m not sure if dairy would work)
cooking spray or other fat
1. Spray a microwave safe plate with cooking spray. Or use a little butter or coconut oil or whatever oil to lightly grease the plate.
2. Use a fork to combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Mix in the milk a little at a time until a sticky dough forms.
4. Pat the dough into a cookie shape then place it on the plate. (Go ahead and lick your fingers, I won’t tell.)
5. Gently press a few chocolate chips into the top, amount depending on your tastes, macros etc.
6. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. I said it was fast! (although your microwave could be different)
If you let it cool a bit you should be able to pick it up and eat it like a regular cookie. If not, use a fork:-) Yum!