I read Allie’s 19 Things post yesterday and thought it was such a fun idea! I love learning really random things about people so figured it would be fun to share a list of randomness about me.
1. When it comes to dessert I live by the motto “if it’s not chocolate it’s not worth it”. In case you couldn’t tell…
2. My first college was in Florida. I was 18 years old and all set to be done with Winter! I really missed New England though- the seasons, the people, the sense of humor etc- so I moved back. Periodically HH and I talk about moving south but I don’t know if we’d ever really do it.
3. I have one sister and one brother. I’m the true baby of my family- I’m the youngest by almost 10 years!
4. It amazes me whenever anyone refers to me as an athlete or someone who goes beast-mode at the gym. I was so incredibly non-athletic as a kid! No, really, I was always the last one picked for teams in gym class. Which, by the way, is a really f’d up way to teach Darwinism to children.
5. I love dogs but I’m really more of a cat person. Don’t tell Spenser though!
6. I’m a total sci-fi geek and I absolutely love comic book themed movies, tv shows etc but I can’t actually read comic books. Something about how the text is all over the page drives me nuts. I always wind up reading the little boxes in the wrong order and it doesn’t make sense.
7. One of Allie’s random facts reminded me that I used to love eating in bed but not anymore. I spent 3 months in bed when I was pregnant with Girlie (strict bedrest) and it just kinda killed it for me. I still love to eat on the couch though.
8. My all time favorite songs are Into the Mystic by Van Morrison and The Joker by Steve Miller.
9. I downloaded an e-reader app onto my ipad but I just can’t get into it. For me the experience of reading a book includes the feel of the covers, the paper, the way the book smells….ahhhh. Someone should make a candle that smells like books!
10. I got an email this morning that I won Week 5 of the Fitness & Feta Holiday Hustle!! Thanks Athena for putting together this challenge. I really had a lot of fun and loved making new blog friends!
It’s your turn! Tell me something random about yourself.