I have a new recipe for you!
I wore this t-shirt yesterday. That got me thinking about our Katahdin hike, which got me thinking about my friend Kathy’s Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies. (Yes, my memories are that closely associated with food.)
I started getting obsessed with the idea of making a cleaned up recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bakes. I found a couple of basic recipes online then started subbing things in and out. The result: YUM! Girlie didn’t even notice that these contained whey protein, which is a big win.
Cleaned Up Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bakes
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup vanilla whey protein (chocolate or pb would be good too)
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/3 cup honey
1/3 + 1 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1.5 cups old fashioned oats
- Combine the first four ingredients in a saucepan over medium high heat. Stir until the coconut oil is melted and everything is smooth.
- Bring to a boil. Let it boil, without stirring, for about a minute. (This is harder than it sounds!)
- Remove from heat, stir in 1/3 cup peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- Stir in oats.
- Let sit for 3-4 minutes, then stir in the last tbsp of peanut butter. (I like a few little ribbons of pb. If you don’t, you’re wrong, but you can skip this part.) Let sit for another minute or two.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet. I would recommend lining the baking sheet with foil or parchment or a silicon mat or something first.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.